Posted On: 09/01/2013
Eaten a dish at an area restaurant that you’d do just about anything to make at home? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about it. Then let us do our best to deliver the recipe By Popular Demand.
Scape stopped serving its delicious honey nut grits a while ago. The taste and texture of the dish was perfect. I would love the recipe! – Jennifer Poindexter
Toasted Nut & Honey Grits
Courtesy of Scape American Bistro’s Eric Kelly
2 oz. pecans, chopped
2 oz. walnuts, chopped
2 oz. pine nuts
2 oz. slivered almonds
2˝ cups heavy cream
2˝ cups chicken stock
1 cup stone-ground grits
3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
4 Tbsp. lavender honey*
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Toast the nuts in the oven on a cookie sheet until golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Cool on a rack.
• Once cool, place the nuts in a bowl and mix evenly.
• In a small saucepan, bring the cream and stock to a simmer over moderate heat. Slowly whisk in the grits.
• Stir constantly for 12 to15 minutes until completely cooked. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
• Spoon the grits into a large warmed bowl. Sprinkle with 2 ounces of the toasted nuts (Store remaining nuts in a sealed container in the refrigerator.), then drizzle with lavender honey.
*Lavender honey can be purchased at all Straub’s locations, straubs.com
Scape American Bistro
48 Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, 314.361.7227, scapestl.com
Want to comment on this article? Login or sign up on Sauce.