Drink these 5 margarita-esque goses on Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo isn’t just for eating tacos and drinking tequila. Grab a gose (pronounced GOHZ’-uh) – a tart German-style wheat beer brewed with salt that often includes citrus and coriander – and have a fiesta.
1. Paloma Gose, the newest release from Schlafly’s Cellar Selections, rocks characteristic Paloma cocktail notes of bright grapefruit and lime and finishes with a touch of salty complexity and coriander spice.
750-milliliter bottle on draft. Available at Schlafly Tap Room and Bottleworks
2. Levadura, an Oaxacan-style gose from Stillwater Artisanal, is built exactly like a margarita with fresh lime, agave syrup and sea salt. Try adding an ounce of tequila to this zesty brew that boasts a light body and citrus-forward flavors, a touch of balancing sweetness and a crisp, dry finish.
Available at Craft Beer Cellar
3. Effervescent Mother’s Lime Gose is stacked with vibrant, juicy lime notes and a wheat-forward breadiness. Carbonation drives the citrus and grain flavors across the palate, and the salt adds a dry finish that will leave you wanting to crush another.
Available at Beer Sauce Shop
4. Founders Green Zebra is a must for fans of melon in beer and watermelon Jolly Ranchers. This thirst-quenching tart brew exudes juicy watermelon notes, nuances of grain and just a subtle sweetness
Available at Fields Foods
5. OK, OK, you want your tequila. Boulevard Tequila Barrel Lime Gose took a siesta in a barrel that once housed the spirit, lending oak and vanilla notes to the juicy lime character and tang of this sour wheat style. This complex beer is beautifully balanced and a noteworthy addition to this Kansas City gem of a brewery.
Available at Total Wine and More
Katie Herrera is a longtime contributor to Sauce Magazine, account manager at Craft Republic and director of beer at STL Barkeep.
Tags : Beer
More stories like this
Why soju should be your new vodka
Soju is traditionally distilled from rice, but now often incorporates other grains like wheat, buckwheat and ...
Celebrate Oktoberfest with beer from Off Color Brewing and Destihl Brewery
Celebrate Oktoberfest this year with a fest flagship marzen like Off Color Brewing’s Waddle and or ...