6 recipes for the perfect Thanksgiving turkey
The centerpiece of Thanksgiving dinner is a blank canvas for just about any flavor profile and cooking method you can imagine. Whether you prefer to uphold tradition, innovate a classic or just forgot to preheat the oven, we’ve got exactly what you’re looking for with these six recipes.
1. Serving a smaller group this year? Ditch the whole bird and opt for an elegant Turkey Roulade using a single turkey breast instead.
2. With so many moving parts at Thanksgiving, you wouldn’t be the first person to forget to put the turkey in the oven. Save the day with the Hot and Fast Roast Turkey, ready in less than two hours. Yes, really.
3.You have time to spare, you say? Take on the three-day turkey challenge of the Oolong Tea-Smoked Turkey with a Citrus-Tamarind Glaze. The title alone will win you a year’s worth of bragging rights.
4. Grill masters, this one's for you. The Charcoal-Roasted Turkey soaks in an orange-bourbon brine for 12 hours before heading to a low slow smoke on the charcoal grill.
5. Serve a bird as classic as the Norman Rockwell painting. The Art of Entertaining's Perfect Turkey is rubbed down with a traditional blend of herbs and spices.
6. Cookbook author and food writer Michael Ruhlman breaks down the science of the perfect bird – by breaking down the bird and braising it in veal stock in his Thanksgiving Turkey recipe.
Sophie Tenegu is an editorial intern at Sauce Magazine.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
5 recipes for people who can't get enough garlic
When it comes to garlic, a little (or a lot) is rarely enough in these recipes.
Recipe: Celery Salad with Dates and Parmesan
This simple salad is a great textural complement to heavier side dishes and comes together in ...