Aug 22, 2014

The Scoop: New wine bar in Benton Park

April 21st 02:04pm, 2009

Local oenophiles will no doubt spend plenty of time this summer sniffing, swirling and sipping in Benton Park, which will be home to STL’s latest wine bar come the end of May. Ernesto’s, named after Ernest Hemingway, is a collaboration between owners Deitrich Volk and Tom Revie, both of Phoenix Redevelopment Group, and advanced sommelier Brian Hobbs, who will serve as general manager. “It’s sort of a celebration of food, wine and travel,” said Hobbs, who ran Brooklyn’s Stonehome Wine Bar for the last five years. “I hope to work with artisanal winemakers from around the world and source local products for our bar.” Hobbs plans to offer a diverse international wine list and nightly food and wine specials. Ernesto’s will be located at 2730 McNair Ave.

By Katie O’Connor

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “The Scoop: New wine bar in Benton Park”

1. Mike Floyd Says:
    April 23rd, 2009 at 11:30 am

Congratulations Dietrich! Ernesto’s sounds like my kind of place. I can’t wait to visit.

2. Ruth Asper Says:
    April 23rd, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Sounds fantastic, weaving wine, food and literature into a fabric of advernture true to Hemmingway’s spirit.
    Here’s to the lost generation and “writting one true simple sentence”.

3. A Digest | Missouri Real Estate Says:
    April 25th, 2009 at 4:08 am

[...] As reported by Sauce Magazine, this nifty building in Benton Park will be host to a wine bar called Ernesto’s. Check out the Streetview from 2007 and then look at the massive rehaul the building underwent. [...]

4. Alan Luvin Says:
    May 4th, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Having just returned from a four day weekend in Sonoma where we tasted several fantastic new releases I am looking forward to the opening of Ernesto’s; somewhere I can enjoy small production reserve wines. See you soon.

5. Lysa Says:
    May 7th, 2009 at 10:10 am

Congratulations! Looking forward to visiting our new neighbors!

6. Sauce Magazine Blog » Blog Archive » The Scoop: Swirl, sniff, sip in Benton Park Says:
    October 14th, 2009 at 3:15 pm

[...] Brian Hobbs checked in today to report that Ernesto’s, the Benton Park wine bar we told you about last spring, is now open at 2730 McNair Ave. Hobbs, who spent the last five years running Brooklyn’s [...]

7. Kimberly Says:
    November 11th, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I LOVE Ernesto’s!! They always have a special on a house red for $5 dollars that’s fantastic. The bar is non-smoking, which I love. I always have Brian pick the cheese’s when I order the cheese plate….always been outstanding! I had the chocolate pate’ a few night’s ago, and it was also wonderful. Great place to go, have nice wine, socialize, but not break the bank.