Follow on Twitter for updates and info at #FoodTruckFriday
News update! Sauce Food Truck Fridays takes Honorable Mention for the prestigious FOLIO: & +min FAME Award for Best Regional Magazine Event!
THE 2013 SEASON CALENDAR:
May 10th: Tower Grove park 5-8pm - Official Sauce FTF After Party is at Sasha's on Shaw -8pm-1:30am
June 14th: Tower Grove Park 5-8pm
The 3rd annual 2013 Sauce Food Truck Friday series kicks off on May 10th. We are excited to bring you the best area food trucks in a comfortable community based environment. Again, Tower Grove Park will be the location of these events. We are now becoming pros at throwing this party, so we plan to expand FTF with new offerings such as new beverages, entertainment and local charity contributions. Introducing as well the Official Sauce Food Truck Friday After Parties! These parties will be supporting the surrounding restaurant and bar community, starting at 8pm so we can keep the beer and cocktails flowing into the nite. This will bring a new meaning to TGIF!
What's this about? Food Trucks are a trend that's been lively on the coasts for a few years now, and while they entered the dining scene in St. Louis just a short time ago, there is no question that they are here to stay. Today, an ever-growing number of trucks take to the streets each day, tweeting out their locations so hungry diners can line up for a meal on the run. St. Louisans can now get just about anything they want from these mobile culinary mavens from pizza to tacos, cupcakes to crepes', sushi to sausages, at a price that's easy on the pocketbook. We have invited them all to Sauce Food Truck Friday for you to graze and enjoy in one setting!
On May 11, 2011- season #1, 16 of the area's food trucks gathered for Sauce Magazine's first Food Truck Friday. As expected for season #2, the turn out was even bigger than last year's with over 16k attending! There were plenty of goodies for all and the blue containers to recycle them in. What was left that is. We predict that season #3 will be even better!
It's no secret that things with engines and large events deplete energy and create waste. That's why Sauce was thrilled to partner with St. Louis Earth Day and Blue Skies Recycling to help offset depletion as much as possible. Composting and recycling were made available at each Food Truck Friday event and will be again this season.
Also, we will have Sauce Food Truck Friday "Truckie" tees available for purchase.
10 Tips for Sauce #Foodtruckfriday:
1. Be early: The early bird gets the cupcake. Don't be let down by showing up to late.
2. Bring seating: chairs or blankets and mark your turf.
3. Divide and conquer: Hit up a few different trucks with friends, then share the goodies.
4. Find a volunteer: Volunteers will be able to answer questions and direct you to your favorite trucks.
5. Park far from the trucks: longer trek but faster getaway.
6. Make a night of it: Enjoy the community atmosphere while waiting in line or lounging on the lawn.
7. Something old, something new: Enjoy your favorite food truck dishes and try something new. Who knows? You just might find a new go-to.
8. Tell your friends: The Twitter hashtag is #FoodTruckFriday. Also, Tweet your favorite dishes #FTFfave so friends and fellow truckies know what to order.
9. Recycling matters: Take a minute to put the proper containers in trash or recycling bins. Clearly marked cans and bins will be all along the line, making it easy to keep the park as clean as it was when you arrived.
10. Most of all, have fun! This is an event where some of the cityís most creative culinary minds come together. Enjoy the food, the park and the people!
Guerrilla Street Food
Follow this truck: @GuerrillaStreet
Follow this truck: @HolyCrepeSTL
El Gran Taco
Follow this truck: @tacotruckstl
Sarah's Cake Stop
Follow this truck: @SarahsCakeStop
The Cheese Shack
Follow this truck: @Thecheeseshack_stl
Follow this truck: @SeoulTaco
Shell's Coastal Cuisine
Follow this truck: @ShellsCoastal
The Sweet Divine
Follow this truck: @TheSweetDivine
2 Girls 4 Wheels
Follow this truck: @2girls4wheels
Le Food Truck
Follow this truck: @LeFoodTruck
Luluís Local Eatery
Follow this truck: @lulusfoodtruck
Follow this truck: @hotaztec
Ziaís Italian Food Truck
Follow this truck: @ziasonthehill
My Big Fat Greek Truck
Follow this truck: @greektruckStL
Follow this truck: @chopshopstl
Cha Cha Chow
Follow this truck: @Whereschacha
Follow this truck: @Sarahsmeltdown
Completely Sauced on Wheels
Follow this truck: @saucedonwheels
Go Gyro Go
Follow this truck: @gogyrogo
Steam Roller Bagel and Deli
Follow this truck @steamrollerstl
Beer booth: @Schlafly