Follow on Twitter for updates and info at #FoodTruckFridaySTL
NEWS! Food Truck Friday wins again for the prestigious 2014 FOLIO: & +min FAME Award for "Best Regional Magazine Event Nationwide"! Honorable Mention.
In 2013 Sauce Food Truck Fridays took Honorable Mention for the prestigious FOLIO: & +min FAME Award for "Best Regional Magazine Event Nationwide"!
THE 2014 SEASON CALENDAR:
Aug. 8, 4 to 8 p.m.: music by Western Satellites
Sept. 12, 4 to 7:30 p.m.: music by Bottoms Up Blues Gang
Oct. 3, 3:30 to 7 p.m.: music by Miss Jubilee
|Food Truck Friday Tee's |
Click here to purchase
||Food Truck Friday trucker hat|
Click here to purchase
The fourth annual Sauce Magazine Food Truck Friday event series kicks off on May 9 this year, and we are excited to bring you the best area food trucks in a comfortable, community-based environment. Once again, Tower Grove Park will be the location of this event, and we plan to expand FTF with new offerings like more beverages, entertainment and local charity contributions. We are also introducing the official Sauce Speed Pass, available for purchase at the Sauce tent during every FTF. (Details to come.)
What's this event about? Food trucks have been a lively trend on the coasts for a several years now. They entered the St. Louis dining scene in 2011, and there is no question they are here to stay. Today, an ever-growing number of trucks take to the streets, tweeting their locations to hungry diners who line up for a meal on the run. St. Louisans can now get just about anything they want from these mobile culinary mavens from pizza to tacos, cupcakes to crepes, sushi to sausages, at an affordable price. At Food Truck Friday, we invite dozens of them for you to enjoy and graze in one setting!
Season 1 kicked off June 10th, 2011 when 16 area food trucks gathered for the first Sauce Magazine's Food Truck Friday. By season No. 3 in 2013, more than 20,000 people turned out to Tower Grove Park. There were plenty of goodies for all, and big blue containers to recycle them in -- what was left that is. We predict season No. 4 will be even better!
It's no secret that large events and large trucks deplete energy and create waste. That's why Sauce is thrilled to again partner with St. Louis Earth Day and Blue Skies Recycling to help offset these effects as much as possible. Composting and recycling will continue to be available at each Food Truck Friday this season.
This year, we have also partnered with the cool kids at STL Style and created Sauce Food Truck Friday "Truckie" tees and hats available for purchase.
12 Tips for Sauce #Foodtruckfriday:
1. Be early. The early bird gets the cupcake. Don't be let down by showing up too late.
2. Bring seating. Grab your chairs or blankets and mark your turf. Cold beverages, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
3. Divide and conquer. Have your friends all hit up a different trucks, then share the goodies.
4. Find a volunteer. Sauce volunteers will be able to answer questions and direct you to your favorite trucks.
5. Don't fight for parking. Bike, donít drive, to the trucks.
6. If you must drive, park far from the trucks. It's a longer trek, but a faster getaway.
7. Make a night of it. Enjoy the community atmosphere while waiting in line or lounging on the lawn.
8. Try something new. Enjoy your favorite food truck dishes and try something new, too. Who knows? You just might find a new go-to.
9. Tell your friends. The hashtag for Twitter and Instagram is #FoodTruckFriday. Also, tweet and Instagram your favorite dishes with #FTFfave so friends and fellow truckies know what to order.
10. Recycling matters. Take a minute to put the proper containers in trash or recycling bins. Clearly marked cans and bins are easily available, making it simple to keep the park as clean as it was when you arrived.
11. The Sauce Speed Pass is your ticket to the front of the line. Get yours while they last at the Sauce tent during each Food Truck Friday. Passes are three for $25 or 1 for $10, good at one truck per Speed pass. Supplies are limited. Useable at one Friday per month.
12. Most of all, have fun! This is an event where some of the cityís most creative culinary minds come together. Enjoy the food, the park and the people! Be kind.
Guerrilla Street Food
Follow this truck: @GuerrillaStreet
Follow this truck: @HolyCrepeSTL
Sarah's Cake Stop
Follow this truck: @SarahsCakeStop
The Cheese Shack
Follow this truck: @Thecheeseshack_stl
Follow this truck: @SeoulTaco
Shell's Coastal Cuisine
Follow this truck: @ShellsCoastal
The Sweet Divine
Follow this truck: @TheSweetDivine
2 Girls 4 Wheels
Follow this truck: @2girls4wheels
Follow this truck @YemanjaBrazil
Le Food Truck
Follow this truck: @LeFoodTruck
Luluís Local Eatery
Follow this truck: @lulusfoodtruck
Follow this truck: @hotaztec
Ziaís Italian Food Truck
Follow this truck: @ziasonthehill
Follow this truck: @chopshopstl
Cha Cha Chow
Follow this truck: @Whereschacha
Follow this truck: @themeltdownstl
Follow this truck: @smokinmonkeystl
Completely Sauced on Wheels
Follow this truck: @saucedonwheels
Go Gyro Go
Follow this truck: @gogyrogo
Follow this truck: @ NO acct.
Slice of the Hill
Follow this truck: @sliceofthehill
Deli on a Roll
Follow this truck: @delionaroll
Follow this truck: @desserttruckstl
Fire & Ice Cream Truck
Follow this truck: @fireandicecreamtruck
La Tejana Taqueria
Follow this truck: @lttonwheels
Follow this truck: @steaklouie
My Big Fat Greek Truck
Follow this truck: @greektruckstl
Pie Oh My!
Follow this truck: @ no acct
Smoke N Motion
Follow this truck: @smokenmotion
Taco Truck STL
Follow this truck: @tacotruckstl
Vincent Van Doughnut
Follow this truck: @vinvandoughnut
Follow this truck: @johnyolos