Seeking Experienced Managing Editor
Sauce is looking for an energetic experienced Managing Editor to join its staff.
Qualifications include: three to five years of editing/publishing experience (magazine-style preferred), excellent line editing and writing skills, and a firm knowledge of AP style. Applicant should be have a passion for food and strong culinary knowledge (Formal culinary training or professional cooking experience is a plus.). The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, organized, possess proven managerial skills, and be able to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Editors with less than three years of experience will not be considered.
This position offers an opportunity to work with a small, talented and dynamic editorial group, and get your hands into every aspect of the culinary media industry.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Editing raw manuscript to produce lively, readable and informative copy
- Contacting, developing and managing current and new freelance writers, working with them to develop and outline article ideas, and overseeing story development
- Working closely with the magazine's executive editor and art director for photo/illustration planning
- Reviewing copy at every stage of production
- Researching and writing articles for the monthly print issue and the magazine's blog.
- Maintaining proper operational procedures and delivering product on deadline
- Representing the magazine at public events and media-only engagements
This is not a remote position; the candidate selected for this position will be required to work on premise.
Interested qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, published clips and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit application is Feb. 28, 2014.
Seeking Advertising Sales Executive
Sauce is currently seeking a full-time and part-time Advertising Account executives experienced in media sales.
The right individual will help clients grow their business while working from a home and in the home office.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, independent-minded sales people who can help build a successful brand and build relationships with clients.
• Prospect and discover new clients and create new sources of revenue
• Build relationships quickly with new and existing clients that will allow us to serve them better
• Maintain and grow revenue from existing clients
• Assist in developing and implementing creative sales strategies
• Build strategic alliances with both new and existing clients to increase revenue
• Contact with customers via in-person interaction, telephone and written correspondence via mail and email Travel to visit clients and make proposals, as needed
• Prior media sales training & sales experience
• 1 year Media sales & marketing experience preferred, please do not apply if you do not have this.
• College degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strategic planning skills
• Superior presentation, verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent consultative selling skills
• Analytical ability
• Strong listening skills
• Demonstrated ability to close sales deals
• Strong computer skills for needed programs such as Word and Excel, web-based sales software.
• Medical insurance
• Generous first-year Paid-Time-Off policy
• Work from home option
• Control over your own schedule
• Work with a creative, award-winning group of people
• Small, owner-involved company means flexibility and fast decisions
• Company has grown consistently since starting in 1999, which means increasing opportunities for the right person
• Flexibility on the work arrangement; such as an independent contractor or an employee with benefits will also be considered.
Please send resume and references to-- email@example.com
Please no phone calls.
Seeking freelance writers and editors
Sauce Magazine, St. Louis' premier culinary magazine, is seeking writers and editors to work on a freelance basis. The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic and motivated. Applicants should have a background or educational degree in journalism, strong AP knowledge, experience working with deadlines and experience writing and or editing for magazines, newspapers and/or professional blogs. You will be given the opportunity to pitch story ideas and contribute a variety of food- and drink-related articles to be published in print and online. A passion for and knowledge the culinary world is helpful. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and published clips to Editorial at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Production Designer
Accepting resumes for file.
Job functions revolve around the print issues and monthly online advertising related workflows.
This person will work a 25-35 hour work week and handle banner ad production and creation and handling layout of ads and other day to day operations required within the production department.
In conjunction with the Art Director and Advertising Sales Manager, the Advertising Production Designer will perform the following established job tasks, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- E-mail template production
- Perform all desktop functions for the creation and manipulation of ads using Adobe CS3
- Material handling: preflight and proof
- Prepare ad layouts for print issues
- Upload of print advertising materials
- Work with both internal and outside customers/ sales staff.
- Perform other tasks as requested by production staff and/ or Advertising Director
- Effective Multi tasker
- Production workflow knowledge
- Customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word; Excel; Adobe In Design, Photoshop
- Proficiency in HTML and Flash preferred
Competitive hourly wage and benefits provided
Contact Allyson Mace at email@example.com
Portfolio and Resume required.
Please no phone calls.