Seeking Managing Editor
The ideal candidate will have excellent line editing and writing skills, detailed organization and management skills, a passion for food, and 3-5+ years of editing/publishing experience (magazine style preferred), as well as a strong culinary knowledge (culinary school or professional cooking experience is a plus). Please, only Editors with 3-5yrs experience need apply.
This is a chance to work with a small, talented, and dynamic group, and get your hands into every part of the business — from the web to special focused content issues. Specific duties and responsibilities: -Edits raw manuscript to produce lively, readable, and informative copy. -Contacts, developes and manages current and new freelance writers, works with them to develop and outline article ideas, and oversees story development. Works with Executive Editor and Art Director, concepts with Art Director regarding art and/or photo plans to illustrate articles. -Reviews copy at every stage of production. -Researches and writes articles for magazine. Maintains proper operational procedures and delivers on deadline. -Represents the magazine by attending events and media invites. -Eager to get out into the scene and meet and cultivate local sources. Position Qualifications: - 3-5+ years of publishing experience -Strong language, editing AP style and writing skills. -Passion for food, restaurants & strong culinary knowledge. Ability to work in a small yet growing organizaiton. This is not a remote postion. Applicant wil be required to work on premise.
Please submit resume, include email contact, writing samples, salary requirements and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Seeking freelance writers and editors
Sauce Magazine, St. Louis' premier culinary magazine, is seeking writers and editors to work on a freelance basis. The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic and motivated. Applicants should have a background or educational degree in journalism, strong AP knowledge, experience working with deadlines and experience writing and or editing for magazines, newspapers and/or professional blogs. You will be given the opportunity to pitch story ideas and contribute a variety of food- and drink-related articles to be published in print and online. A passion for and knowledge the culinary world is helpful. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and published clips to Editorial at email@example.com.
Seeking Advertising Sales Executive
Sauce is currently seeking a full-time and part-time Advertising Account executives experienced in media sales.
The right individual will help clients grow their business while working from a home and in the home office.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, independent-minded sales people who can help build a successful brand and build relationships with clients.
• Prospect and discover new clients and create new sources of revenue
• Build relationships quickly with new and existing clients that will allow us to serve them better
• Maintain and grow revenue from existing clients
• Assist in developing and implementing creative sales strategies
• Build strategic alliances with both new and existing clients to increase revenue
• Contact with customers via in-person interaction, telephone and written correspondence via mail and email Travel to visit clients and make proposals, as needed
• Prior media sales training & sales experience
• 1 year Media sales & marketing experience preferred, please do not apply if you do not have this.
• College degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strategic planning skills
• Superior presentation, verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent consultative selling skills
• Analytical ability
• Strong listening skills
• Demonstrated ability to close sales deals
• Strong computer skills for needed programs such as Word and Excel, web-based sales software.
• Medical insurance
• Generous first-year Paid-Time-Off policy
• Work from home option
• Control over your own schedule
• Work with a creative, award-winning group of people
• Small, owner-involved company means flexibility and fast decisions
• Company has grown consistently since starting in 1999, which means increasing opportunities for the right person
• Flexibility on the work arrangement; such as an independent contractor or an employee with benefits will also be considered.
Please send resume and references to-- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
Advertising Production Designer
Accepting resumes for file.
Job functions revolve around the print issues and monthly online advertising related workflows.
This person will work a 25-35 hour work week and handle banner ad production and creation and handling layout of ads and other day to day operations required within the production department.
In conjunction with the Art Director and Advertising Sales Manager, the Advertising Production Designer will perform the following established job tasks, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- E-mail template production
- Perform all desktop functions for the creation and manipulation of ads using Adobe CS3
- Material handling: preflight and proof
- Prepare ad layouts for print issues
- Upload of print advertising materials
- Work with both internal and outside customers/ sales staff.
- Perform other tasks as requested by production staff and/ or Advertising Director
- Effective Multi tasker
- Production workflow knowledge
- Customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word; Excel; Adobe In Design, Photoshop
- Proficiency in HTML and Flash preferred
Competitive hourly wage and benefits provided
Contact Allyson Mace at email@example.com
Portfolio and Resume required.
Please no phone calls.