1½ tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. milk
1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée
1 cup sugar ½ cup olive oil
1 egg 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (without leavening agents)
2½ tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. sea salt
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup black walnuts, optional
2 tsp. vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• In a small glass, dissolve the baking soda in the milk. Set aside.
• Mix the pumpkin purée, sugar and olive oil together in a large bowl until smooth.
• Stir in the egg, flour blend, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt and mix to combine.
• Add the milk mixture, then stir in the chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
• Scoop ¼-cup dough balls onto the cookie sheet and press down gently to slightly flatten
• Bake about 12 minutes, until cookies are fluffy and cake-like.