1 package prepared pie dough
3 cups blueberries
½ cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
1 Tbsp. cold butter, cubed
Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
Special equipment: 4 half-pint Mason jars with lids
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Unroll the pie dough and use a jar lid to cut 4 circles of dough to top each pie. Set aside.
• Use the remaining pie dough to line the bottom and insides of each Mason jar, tearing and pressing it together as needed to cover the glass. Stop just below the lip of the jar. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, stir the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon, salt and butter together until incorporated. Divide the filling evenly among the jars.
• Place a circle of pie dough atop the filling inside each jar, then use a fork to press the dough evenly around the edge. Cut a slit in the top of each and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
• Bake the Mason jars on a sheet tray 45 minutes, until the pies are bubbling and golden. Let cool. Cover with the lids until ready to serve.
Prefer crumble tops to crust? Use a pastry cutter or fork to combine
2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon oats, ½ tablespoon brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 1½ tablespoons cubed cold butter together until a coarse mixture forms. Sprinkle on top of the pie filling instead of the top crust and bake.