¼ cup solid coconut oil
½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
¾ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup 2-percent or full-fat Greek yogurt
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. kosher salt
½ cup chocolate chips or chunks
Sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
• In a medium-sized bowl using a hand mixer, beat the coconut oil with the brown sugar and granulated sugars on high speed until combined, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla extract and yogurt and beat to combine.
• Use a spatula to fold in the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda and salt until mixed, then fold in the chocolate chips. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
• Wet palms and fingertips with water, then scoop 12 even-sized dollops on the baking sheet a few inches apart. Sprinkle the sea salt flakes over the tops of the cookies.
• Bake 9 to 12 minutes, until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
• Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.