1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup diced green pepper
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced celery
¼ cup green onion
½ Tbsp. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
Dash hot sauce
Dash Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. white pepper
½ tsp. black pepper
1½ to 2½ Tbsp. lemon juice
4 oz. canned ground tomatoes
½ Tbsp. tomato paste
3 egg yolks
Salt and pepper to taste
2 sticks unsalted butter
6 English muffins
12 oz. thin-sliced Canadian bacon
• Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the green pepper, onion, celery, green onion, garlic and bay leaf and sauté for 10 minutes.
• Add the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, peppers, ½ tablespoon lemon juice, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine.
• Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
• Make the hollandaise sauce: Place the egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender. Blend for several seconds.
• Melt the butter until bubbling hot; do not brown.
• With the blender running, add the melted butter in a slow, steady stream. Add additional lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick, it can be thinned with a small amount of warm water.
• Mix ½ cup of the tomato mixture with 1 cup of the hollandaise sauce.
• Spilt and toast the English muffins.
• In a skillet, grill the slices of Canadian bacon, turning once. Keep warm.
• Poach the eggs: Fill a large skillet with 3 inches of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and gently crack the eggs into the water. Poach the eggs for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon or spatula.
• To assemble, place two English muffins on each plate. Top each with one slice of Canadian bacon, a poached egg and 4 ounces of sauce.