˝ small onion, diced
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
˝ cup sliced assorted mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, oyster)
˝ tsp. chopped garlic
˝ cup dry white wine
1 cup Arborio rice
4˝ cups lobster stock (or clam juice diluted with water)
˝ cup simple tomato sauce
5 oz. cooked lobster meat
1 cup fresh spinach
˝ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Salt and white pepper to taste
• In a small saucepan, heat the stock until barely simmering.
• In a medium pot with 4-inch sides, lightly sauté the onion in oil until translucent.
• Add the butter and mushrooms, and sauté until the mushrooms are soft.
• Add the chopped garlic for a quick sauté.
• When the garlic is just slightly toasted, add the wine and let it reduce by half.
• Add the rice, 1 cup of stock and the tomato sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until the stock has absorbed.
• Continue to stir over a low flame, adding stock as it absorbs, ˝ cup at a time, until the rice has desired bite and texture.
• When the stock has been absorbed, all at once add the lobster, spinach and Parmigiano-Reggiano and stir to combine.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper.