1 1-lb. tube prepared polenta
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. (heaping) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
Roasted red pepper rouille (Click here for the recipe.)
• Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
• Slice the polenta into ½-inch-thick rounds and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle oil over the polenta and sprinkle with the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
• Stack three of the polenta rounds, spreading rouille in between the layers. Cut the rounds into wedges.
• Pick each wedge and serve warm with more rouille on the side.