Ingredients5 egg yolks
3 garlic cloves
5 anchovies, rinsed and finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 cups olive oil plus extra for grilling
Juice of 4 lemons
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
12 heads baby romaine
Salt to taste
• Make the dressing by blending the egg yolks, garlic, anchovies and mustard. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly.
• When the oil is well emulsified, add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
• Stir in the Parmesan cheese and pepper. The consistency should be between a mayonnaise and a dressing.
• Toss the baby romaine with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Grill the lettuce for about 1 minute at medium heat.
• Trim the stem from the lettuce heads and arrange the leaves on a serving platter. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
• Serve with the dressing on the side.