1 12-oz. pkg. capellini pasta
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups frozen corn
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small red onion, peeled and diced
1½ cups whipping cream
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups Frick’s pit-style ham, chopped
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, for garnish
¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
• Prepare the pasta according to package directions; drain.
• While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
• When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the corn, bell peppers and onion.
• Sauté the vegetables until the edges are just beginning to caramelize and the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
• Add the cream and chili powder.
• Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened.
• Stir in the ham, salt and pepper.
• Add the cooked pasta and toss until it’s evenly coated.
• Garnish with the tomatoes and parsley.