¾ cup butter (1 cup for extra buttery flavor)
2 egg yolks
½ tsp. vanilla extract (or extract of your choice)
½ cup powdered sugar
2 flat cups all-purpose flour
• Melt the butter in a microwave until it reaches a liquid consistency and let cool until it’s warm to the touch.
• Put the egg yolks, extract and sugar in a bowl, then add the melted butter. Combine with your hands or an electric mixer.
• Add the flour and blend until it forms a homogenous paste. Roll the dough out into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before shaping.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Roll out the dough and make cut outs with a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or another of your choice).
• Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden on the edges. Smear blueberry jam on top and, if you like, top with another shortbread cookie.