1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 duck egg yolks
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Fresh dill, chervil or tarragon (optional)
• Whisk the lemon juice and egg yolks together in a stainless steel bowl until they have doubled in volume.
• Fill a medium sauce pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
• Turn the heat down to a low simmer.
• Place the bowl of lemon juice and egg yolks over the pot and continue to whisk.
• Slowly drizzle in the butter, whisking continuously until fully incorporated. Season to taste with salt, pepper and, if you desire, the fresh herbs.
• Serve with poached duck eggs, bacon and crispy onions on English muffins.