1 16-oz. ball pizza dough
½ stick unsalted butter
Pinch granulated garlic
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pinch grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch dried parsley
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• On a lightly floured work surface, flatten the ball of pizza dough into a rectangle.
• Cut the rectangle into 3-inch strips. Roll 1 strip between your hands into a long snake. Tie a knot at the very end of the strip, pull it off right after the knot and place it on a lined baking sheet.
• Keep tying knots and tearing them off until you’ve used up the strip of dough. Repeat with the remaining dough. You should have about 25 garlic knots.
• Bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
• While the knots are baking, melt the butter in a medium size heatproof bowl, and then skim the white froth off the top. To the melted butter, add the granulated garlic, minced fresh garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
• When you remove the garlic knots from the oven, toss each one in the butter mixture and then sprinkle all of the buttered knots with a pinch of grated Parmesan and dried parsley.
• Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.