1½ Tbsp. cornstarch
2½ Tbsp. water, divided
2 large eggs
4 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. mirin
¼ tsp. ground white pepper
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. garlic powder
Salt to taste
2 small green onions, sliced into thin rounds
• In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in 1½ tablespoons of water. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then stir in 1 tablespoon of water and beat again. Set aside.
• In a medium-size pot, combine the chicken broth, mirin, white pepper, ginger, garlic powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Once the soup comes to a boil, add the dissolved cornstarch, stirring well, to slightly thicken the soup.
• Turn off the heat. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the soup, while stirring constantly with the other hand. The eggs will begin to cook and form silky threads.
• Divide the soup equally among 4 bowls.
• Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon of sliced green onions.