Recipe: Sheet Pan Frittata
This easy meal can last all week. The vegetables (and meat, if using) are roasted in the oven, then an eggy mixture is poured over the top, and the whole pan is baked again. You can make it as healthy or unhealthy as you like. I added creme fraiche to soften the eggs and add a bit of richness, but sour cream or shredded cheese can be substituted, too. I also love Everything Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s paired with eggs. The result is technically just a baked omelet, but it can be stuffed into sandwiches, served over rice or stirred into noodles.
Sheet Pan Frittata
Adapted from The Kitchn
1 bunch broccolini, chopped into ½-inch pieces
½ cup sliced assorted bell peppers, sliced
½ cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup sliced white onion
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
½ cup sliced sausage or 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
3 Tbsp. creme fraiche
2 Tbsp. Everything Bagel seasoning
Soft bread and Sriracha, for serving
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Generously spray a 11-by-17-inch rimmed sheet pan with nonstick spray, covering all sides and corners of the pan.
• In a large mixing bowl, toss the broccolini, bell peppers, mushrooms and onion with the oil to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper. Evenly scatter the veggies and sausage, if using, on the sheet pan. Bake 25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, creme fraiche and the Everything Bagel seasoning.
• Carefully pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables. Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake until the egg is cooked and puffed, 22 minutes.
• Let cool before slicing and serving on soft bread with Sriracha.
Amrita Song is a longtime contributor to Sauce Magazine.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
5 recipes for people who can't get enough garlic
When it comes to garlic, a little (or a lot) is rarely enough in these recipes.
Recipe: Celery Salad with Dates and Parmesan
This simple salad is a great textural complement to heavier side dishes and comes together in ...