9 asparagus recipes to make this spring
Farmers markets are flooded with asparagus right now. This versatile early spring vegetable can be roasted, grilled, steamed, sauteed or even shaved and eaten raw atop a salad. Here are some of our favorite ways to cook asparagus:
1. Asparagus pesto can be used as a sauce for pasta or served as a spread or dip with bread, crackers or fresh vegetables.
2. Top roasted asparagus with a poached egg and a lemon-dill butter for a decadent vegetarian entree.
3. Roasted lemon pesto transforms basic roasted asparagus into a showstopping side.
4. This asparagus and green onion pizza screams spring.
5. This marinated asparagus antipasto is so simple to make, it almost doesn’t need a recipe (but we made one for you, just in case).
6. This lemon-cashew cream sauce is so rich, they’ll never know this asparagus penne dish is vegan.
7. Forget crispy onions – crispy fried asparagus shavings take this leek, potato and asparagus soup to the next level.
8. This Tuscan kale, asparagus and snap pea slaw is a trifecta of springtime goodness.
9. Went a little overboard at the market? Pickled asparagus will last months and is perfect salads or bloody marys year-round.
Catherine Klene is managing editor, digital at Sauce Magazine.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
These are the best recipes for end-of-summer produce
Garden-fresh produce needs little encouragement to let loose with amazing flavor.
Giant Strawberry Toaster Pastry Recipe
My friend is obsessed with strawberry Pop-Tarts, so I made a giant one for his birthday.