3 pool-perfect batch cocktail recipes to make this summer
This trio of large-format recipes is sure to impress guests. Each one serves 10 to 12, depending on how heavy-handed the bartender is.
This easy-sipping drink created by famed bartender Erick Castro proves bourbon isn’t just for boozy, stirred drinks. The original calls for muddled strawberries, but this version uses homemade strawberry syrup.
1 750-ml. bottle bourbon
12 oz. strawberry syrup (recipe to follow)
9½ oz. fresh lemon juice
12 to 16 dashes Angostura bitters
• In an iced pitcher or beverage dispenser, combine the bourbon, strawberry syrup, lemon juice and bitters. Stir approximately 2 minutes to incorporate.
• Top with ginger beer and serve over ice.
2 cups white sugar
2 cups water
1 pint fresh strawberries
• In a saucepan over medium heat, add the water and sugar and cook until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
• Add the strawberries, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat, keep covered and let sit 15 minutes. Strain into a glass container and refrigerate up to four weeks.
Spanish for “dove,” this tangy tequila thirst quencher will definitely give you a peaceful, easy feeling.
1 750-ml. bottle blanco tequila
8 oz. grapefruit juice
2 oz. agave nectar
2 oz. fresh lime juice
Grapefruit soda, like Squirt
• In an iced pitcher or beverage dispenser, combine the tequila, grapefruit juice, agave nectar and lime juice. Stir approximately 2 minutes to incorporate.
• Top with grapefruit soda and serve over ice.
This light, tart refresher is low-ABV, so no need to be stingy on refills.
1 750-ml. bottle dry white wine, like sauvignon blanc
2 large ripe peaches, sliced
8 oz. Creme de Peche peach liqueur
8 oz. orange curacao
4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 750-ml. bottle brut sparkling wine, like cava or prosecco
• In a sealable container, combine white wine, peaches, Creme de Peche, orange curacao and lemon juice. Let sit overnight, approximately 8 hours.
• Pour mixture into an iced pitcher or beverage dispenser and top with sparkling wine. Serve over ice.
Matt Sorrell is a staff writer at Sauce Magazine.
More stories like this
Summer's hottest drinking trend: rosé everything
Everything from cider to spirits can be seen through rosé-colored glasses these days.
Six Mile Bridge Beer's Southern German Lager is now in cans
The newly packaged Southern German Lager from Six Mile Bridge Beer is a classic summertime sipper.