Sauce seeks editorial interns for fall 2020
Attention journalism, communications and English students: Sauce Magazine is seeking remote editorial interns for fall 2020.
We need students with a passion for the St. Louis food scene who want to translate that love to print and online media. As a Sauce editorial intern, you will:
• Assist Sauce editorial team with the production of the monthly print publication and daily online products. Duties include, but are not limited to, reporting, conducting interviews, writing and contributing to online and print articles, fact checking, assisting with research for upcoming articles, interview transcription, etc.
• Hone your reporting, writing and editing skills with the goal of producing published clips for use in future portfolios
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Sauce editorial intern must have:
• A passion for the St. Louis food scene and the written word
• A working knowledge of AP Style, grammar rules, Microsoft Office and Mac computer systems
• A working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience conducting phone interviews and writing news articles for print/online publication
• A personable and professional attitude in online, phone and written communication
• The ability to manage his or her time efficiently; should be a self-starter
• A reliable mode of transportation
This internship is unpaid; internship begins in August and ends in December. Scheduling is flexible, but the intern must be available about 5 hours a week.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, semester class and/or work schedule and three to five writing clips to Lauren Healey at lhealey[at]saucemagazine.com. All resumes must be submitted no later than Aug. 14. No calls, please.
More stories like this
Roo Yawitz of The Gramophone pivoted from sandwiches to philanthropy
Here’s how Roo Yawitz went from owner of a music venue-turned-sandwich shop, The Gramophone in the ...
Words of wisdom from House of India's Satish Kumar
Regulars of local institution and 2020 Readers’ Choice Favorite Indian, House of India, might be surprised ...