Make this: Grilled pork burgers with country mustard and quick pickles
It wouldn’t be a barbecue without a burger. Coffee and brown sugar add a unique flavor to the pork. The pickles are so easy, you’ll want to double the recipe and keep a jar in your fridge.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. mustard seed
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. whole peppercorns
- 5 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 Tbsp. ground coffee
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Country Mustard:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 lbs. ground pork
- 8 potato buns or Hawaiian sweet bread buns, split in half
- Sliced fontina cheese
- Country mustard, homemade pickles (recipes follow), lettuce leaves and tomato slices, for serving
For the Quick Pickles:
• In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the celery seeds, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt, mustard seeds and peppercorns to a boil. Boil until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
• Place the cucumbers, onion and radishes in large bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Let stand at least 30 minutes.
• Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
• Combine all country mustard in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
• Prepare a charcoal grill for medium-high, direct heat or heat a gas grill to medium-high.
• Divide the ground pork into eight equal portions; shape into patties.
• Season both sides of patties with the spice rub.
• Place patties on grill. Grill until cooked through and no pink remains.
• Place buns cut side down on grill. Grill until toasted and marks appear.• Spread mustard on buns and top with burger, cheese, tomato slice, homemade pickles and lettuce.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
Make this: Grilled oysters with spiced tequila butter
Heating oysters on the grill makes them oh so easy to open.
7 grilling tips for your backyard BBQs
Enjoy those long summer nights with a cold cocktail in one hand and your favorite tongs ...