Make this: Grilled pork burgers with country mustard and quick pickles
It wouldn’t be a barbecue without a burger. Coffee and brown sugar add a unique flavor to the pork. The pickles are so easy, you’ll want to double the recipe and keep a jar in your fridge.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. mustard seed
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. whole peppercorns
- 5 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 Tbsp. ground coffee
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Country Mustard:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 lbs. ground pork
- 8 potato buns or Hawaiian sweet bread buns, split in half
- Sliced fontina cheese
- Country mustard, homemade pickles (recipes follow), lettuce leaves and tomato slices, for serving
For the Quick Pickles:
• In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the celery seeds, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt, mustard seeds and peppercorns to a boil. Boil until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
• Place the cucumbers, onion and radishes in large bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Let stand at least 30 minutes.
• Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
• Combine all country mustard in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
• Prepare a charcoal grill for medium-high, direct heat or heat a gas grill to medium-high.
• Divide the ground pork into eight equal portions; shape into patties.
• Season both sides of patties with the spice rub.
• Place patties on grill. Grill until cooked through and no pink remains.
• Place buns cut side down on grill. Grill until toasted and marks appear.• Spread mustard on buns and top with burger, cheese, tomato slice, homemade pickles and lettuce.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
5 pie recipes from St. Louis bakers to try this Thanksgiving
Discover new classics and old favorites from some of our favorite local bakers that will have ...
Make this summer corn salad courtesy of Nexus’ Ceaira Jackson
This salad easily becomes a salsa – just add tortilla chips!
7 St. Louis-area breweries opening or expanding this spring
The season of new beginnings also means new entrants into the St. ...
The Neon Banana café will offer nutritious foods in Ladue when it opens in April
The Neon Banana, a café that will sell juices, açaí bowls, salads ...