Make this: Grilled oysters with spiced tequila butter
Oysters are one of my favorite things to grill. Heating them makes them oh so easy to open. Make sure you have a towel to hold them as you pop the top shell off. Rock salt on the platter ensures that all of the butter and tequila stay in the shell.
4 to 6 servings
- 6 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2-3 tsp. adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. lime zest
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 dozen oysters
- 3-4 tsp. tequila
- Lime wedges, for garnish
• In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, chipotles, cilantro, red onion, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash until mixed well.
• Spoon the butter mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll the wrap into a log and then chill until ready to use.
• Preheat grill to approximately 450 degrees. Cut the butter into thin coins.
• Line a platter with rock salt.
• Place the oysters, flat side up, on the grill over high heat until they open, 1 to 2 minutes.
• Discard the flat top shell. Place a butter coin on each of the oysters, then cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until the oysters are bubbling.
• Remove oysters from the grill and spoon ¼ tsp. tequila over each oyster and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
• Serve immediately with lime wedges and additional cilantro for garnish.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
5 pie recipes from St. Louis bakers to try this Thanksgiving
Discover new classics and old favorites from some of our favorite local bakers that will have ...
Make this summer corn salad courtesy of Nexus’ Ceaira Jackson
This salad easily becomes a salsa – just add tortilla chips!
7 St. Louis-area breweries opening or expanding this spring
The season of new beginnings also means new entrants into the St. ...
The Neon Banana café will offer nutritious foods in Ladue when it opens in April
The Neon Banana, a café that will sell juices, açaí bowls, salads ...