Sauce seeks editorial interns for spring 2023
Attention journalism, communications and English students: Sauce Magazine is seeking editorial interns for spring 2023.
We need students with a passion for the St. Louis food scene who want to translate that love to print and online media. As a Sauce editorial intern, you will:
• Assist Sauce editorial team with the production of the monthly print publication and daily online products. Duties include, but are not limited to, reporting, conducting interviews, writing and contributing to online and print articles, fact checking, assisting with research for upcoming articles, interview transcription, etc.
• Hone your reporting, writing and editing skills with the goal of producing published clips for use in future portfolios
• Help event manager at Sauce Magazine events like Food Truck Friday
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Sauce editorial intern must have:
• A passion for the St. Louis food scene and the written word
• A working knowledge of AP Style, grammar rules, Microsoft Office and Mac computer systems
• A working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience conducting phone interviews and writing news articles for print/online publication
• A personable and professional attitude in online, phone and written communication
• The ability to manage his or her time efficiently; should be a self-starter
• A reliable mode of transportation
• The ability to produce a trial article
Internship begins in January and ends in May. Scheduling is flexible, but the intern must be available 10 hours a week. This is a paid position.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, semester class and/or work schedule and three to five writing clips to Lauren Healey at lhealey[at]saucemagazine.com. Applications are due no later than Friday, Jan. 6; however, early applications are appreciated. No calls, please.
Tags : People
More stories like this
What I Do: Lisa Govro, founder and CEO of Big Heart Tea Co.
Big Heart Tea Co. founder and CEO Lisa Govro got into tea “sort of by accident.”
Ones to Watch 2023 // Jonathan Duffe
21C Museum Hotel Chef de Cuisine Jonathan Duffe goes the extra mile for guests – especially ...