2 12-oz. packages dried rice vermicelli noodles
6 cups Beef Broth (see recipe)
3 cups bean sprouts
½ lb. paper-thin sliced sirloin or eye of round
Reserved chopped beef
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 cup fresh culantro
1 cup fresh mint
1 cup fresh Thai basil
1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
⅓ cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 lime, sliced into wedges
Hoisin sauce to taste
Sriracha to taste
Garlic-chile paste to taste
● Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
● Meanwhile, fill a medium bowl with very hot water. Submerge the rice noodles and steep 15 minutes. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until tender throughout, about 15 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water until it runs clear, about 2 minutes. Place the noodles in a large bowl and set aside. Discard the cooking water.
● Return the pot to the stove over high heat and bring the beef broth to boil.
● Place 1 cup noodles in each bowl and cover each with ½ cup bean sprouts. Add 3 to 4 slices sirloin and 1 to 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped beef. Pour 1 cup broth over the meat, gently cooking the sirloin.
● Serve with cilantro, culantro, mint, Thai basil, jalapeno, green onions, lime wedges, hoisin, Sriracha and garlic-chile paste to taste.
Tags : Beef