BC's Kitchen's Amsterdam Punch
1 bottle Batavia Arrack van Oosten
2 bottles dark Jamaican rum
2 lbs. raw sugar (Demura or Turbinado)
1½ gallons filtered water
5 whole cloves
3 whole allspice berries
3 star anise pods
6 cinnamon sticks
8 Tbsp. loose-leaf black tea
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
• In a punch bowl, combine the Batavia Arrack, rum and sugar.
• Peel the zest from the oranges and add it to the bowl.
• Juice the oranges and add the juice to the bowl. Stir to combine the liquids and to dissolve the sugar.
• Add the filtered water to a nonreactive saucepot. Add the cloves, allspice, star anise and cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil.
• When the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and add the tea. Let steep for 6 minutes.
• To serve warm, pour the warm tea into the punch bowl and add freshly ground nutmeg. To serve cold, chill tea base before adding it to the punch bowl and then add freshly ground nutmeg.
• For more punch recipes, visit the recipes section of saucemagazine.com.
Tags : Rum