Ingredients2 cups all-purpose flour (organic if possible)
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg*
1 cup butter (preferably Plugrá) at room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
½ cup chopped white chocolate
¾ cup dried cranberries
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Sift the flour, salt and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter for 5 minutes until light and fluffy, then add the sugar followed by the vanilla.
• Add the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture and blend until just combined.
• Add the pumpkin seeds, white chocolate and dried cranberries and blend.
• Wrap the shortbread dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours or overnight.
• Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the dough into small balls. If you don’t have a small ice cream scooper, measure a heaping tablespoon and roll the dough into a ball with the palms of your hands.
• Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
*Don’t even try using pre-ground nutmeg. Don’t do it to yourself or this cookie!