Lemon Curd Muffins
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup almond flour (You can use all-purpose flour in place of almond flour and the recipe will still turn out great.)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1¼ cup buttermilk (If you don’t have buttermilk, you can replace it with nonfat yogurt.)
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
Zest of 2 lemons
Lemon curd (recipe here)
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
• In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, buttermilk, butter and zest; pour over the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
• Divide the batter into a greased muffin pan. Top each cup with 1 teaspoon of lemon curd.
• Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops turn just golden and are firm to the touch. Top each with 1 additional teaspoon of lemon curd.
• Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.