Gluten-Free Hold-the-Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Ingredients1½ cups cooked red rice
1¼ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
½ tsp. xanthan gum
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 stick butter
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 medium-sized egg
1 Tbsp. honey
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Process the rice in a food processor until coarsely chopped (about 7 to 9 long pulses). Set aside.
• Mix together the baking flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
• Cream the butter and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl using a stand mixer. Beat in the egg, honey and vanilla.
• Stir in the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
• Stir in the chopped red rice and dried cranberries.
• Drop by tablespoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet.
• Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden.
• Remove from the oven. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack with a spatula to cool completely.