Ingredients2½ cups flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
2 sticks (8 oz.) butter, chilled
¾ cup ice cold water
• Fill a 1-cup measuring cup with water and drop an ice cube in it. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt with a whisk.
• Cube the butter and sprinkle it over the flour mixture. Use a pastry blender or your hands to mix together until the pieces of butter are the size of small peas.
• Drizzle half of the cold water over the mixture, and use a spatula to gather the dough together.
• Pour in a little more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a ball.
• Divide the dough in half and wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour, or freeze for later use.
• When ready to use, roll out the dough into a circle about 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Arrange the dough in a 9-inch pie plate and trim any overhang. Place the pie plate in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until the crust hardens.
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
• Press aluminum foil tightly to the surface of the crust and arrange pie weights on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
• Remove the crust from the oven and let cool completely before filling.