Nutella Meringue Cookies
Use the freshest eggs you can find, and separate the whites from the yolks while they are still refrigerator cold. Let the whites come to room temperature before beating.
4 room-temperature large egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup superfine sugar
¼ cup Nutella
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• In a stand mixer, whip the egg whites and vanilla on high speed until foamy. Slowly pour in the sugar, continuing to beat on high until the sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form.
• Microwave the Nutella 30 seconds on high to liquefy, then stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds.
• Drizzle the Nutella over the top of the meringue. Do not stir. Evenly space 1-tablespoon dollops of meringue on the prepared baking sheets.
• Place the baking sheets in the oven and immediately turn it off. Leave the cookies undisturbed 2 hours.