Bourbon Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding
2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. butter, divided
6 cups stale Italian bread, cut into 1½-inch cubes
2½ cups whole milk
1 cup room-temperature bourbon dulce de leche, plus more for serving (recipe here)
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large eggs, beaten
• Using 1 teaspoon butter, grease a 9-by-9-inch baking dish, then add the bread and set aside.
• In a blender, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, milk, dulce de leche, sugar and vanilla. Blend until well combined, 30 seconds. Add the eggs and pulse 2 to 3 times, until just incorporated. Pour the milk mixture over the bread.
• Cover the baking dish securely with aluminum foil and let the bread soak 1 hour in the refrigerator.
• Remove the bread pudding from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature while you preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
• Tent the baking dish with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the center is firm and the exposed bread cubes are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
• Let rest 10 minutes before serving warm with additional warmed bourbon dulce de leche.