Watermelon radish salad with citrus vinaigrette
2 large watermelon radishes, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
4 cups spinach or mixed greens
• Place the watermelon radish wedges and onion slices in a bowl.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, vinegars and pepper. Pour the mixture on top of the vegetables and soak, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
• Remove the watermelon radishes from the onions and vinaigrette and place in a small bowl.
• Sprinkle the radishes with black sesame seeds (to give the appearance of mini watermelon wedges).
• In a salad bowl, toss together the spinach, onions and vinaigrette. Arrange the radishes atop the salad and serve.