1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 8-oz. pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can chicken broth
1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. fettuccini
• Heat the oil and garlic in a nonstick skillet. Add the shrimp and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, turning shrimp frequently.
• Add the mushrooms and toss them with the shrimp and garlic.
• In a separate pan, heat the chicken broth and the cream cheese. Stir or whisk the mixture until smooth.
• Add the Parmesan cheese and stir.
• Stir the cooked shrimp and mushrooms into the cream sauce and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini according to the package directions and keep warm.
• To serve, pour the cream sauce over the cooked fettuccini.