9 reasons to visit Tequila Mexican Restaurant in south St. Louis County
Sure, you enjoy the food, but sometimes there’s something about the overall mood of a restaurant that keeps you coming back. Tequila Mexican Restaurant in Oakville is one of those places. Join its many South County regulars at the bar or grab a cozy booth and dig in for multiple pitchers of margs. Whatever you order, you’re in for a good time.
1. “Tequila” isn’t just a convenient namesake. From trendy bottles of Casamigos and Clase Azul to tequila enthusiast favorite El Tesoro, the spirit selection should not be underestimated.
2. Many members of the friendly staff have worked there for years, giving it an undeniable Cheers vibe. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked if you want to be seated in a particular server’s section.
3. The Skillet Pollo Mexicano entrée features grilled chicken and shrimp in a flavorful sauce. Pro tip: Sub Mexican rice, which is delicious on its own and also absorbs the meat’s delicious juices much better, for the standard mashed potatoes side.
4. The people-watching is top-notch. Locals like to get a little rowdy at the bar, and karaoke isn’t unheard of.
5. We love the deep, comfortable booths that frame the large dining room. After a year of isolation, we’re dreaming of huddling up with friends over baskets of chips and salsa.
6. A pitcher of margaritas is a must. Visit on a Thursday to get $3 off the usual $18 price.
7. The unassuming strip mall location includes other gems worth visiting, like Drunken Noodles Taste of Thai and Cake House Designs, whose coconut macaroons are a Sauce staff favorite.
8. The lively atmosphere makes everyone feel welcome, from your spirited toddler to your buddy with the embarrassingly loud laugh.
9. Skip dessert and end your night with a frozen mango Coronarita instead. You heard us. The fizzy lager slowly seeps into the icy, tangy cocktail with an extra dose of mango sweetness that’s the perfect finale to a salty meal.
5496 Baumgartner Road, Suite 119, Oakville, 314.416.1945, tequilasrestaurant-stl.com
More stories like this
9 fabulous patios (mostly) in Lafayette Square
The beautiful historical district of Lafayette Square may be small, but it boasts a mighty repertoire ...
6 Readers' Choice award-winning St. Louis ramen picks
Here are the best bowls from your picks for the top ramen joints in town.