10 reasons to try nonalcoholic WellBeing Beer (even if you drink)
WellBeing Brewing Co. debuted last year with its Heavenly Body NA Golden Wheat, followed quickly by the Hellraiser NA Dark Amber. The nonalcoholic brews caught the imagination of craft imbibers after a sober good time. Here are 10 reasons not to roll your eyes at WellBeing’s buzz-free beer.
1. It actually tastes like beer. Even the light-bodied wheat has more going on than your typical metallic, NA water-lager.
2. Cutting-edge cred – the low-ABV trend is still alive and well, but there’s only one other NA-specific brewery in the US.
3. What hangover?
4. German athletes swear by NA beer over Gatorade for their sports drinking; it was downed liberally at the Winter Olympics. Regardless, with calorie counts around 75, the beers are worth a try for the fitness set.
5. DD duty just got a little less painful.
6. Widely available in bottles and kegs at 30-plus area spots and counting, you don’t have to go out of your way to find WellBeing.
7. If you want an NA option, it may as well be from a St. Louis small business.
8. If you’re pregnant, don’t drink or are even just a lightweight, explaining why you’re not drinking all the time gets old.
9. Guilt- (and nap-) free day drinking
10. The craft brewery is busy developing a range of different styles, starting with a citrus wheat and coffee stout. Soon, it may have an alcohol-free option for all tastes.
Matt Sorrell is staff writer at Sauce Magazine.
More stories like this
St. Louis bartenders share what's in their staff stash
Some bars and breweries have a staff-only stash behind the bar or tucked in the back ...
This stunning Bordeaux is a steal for less than $20
This Bordeaux tastes amazing now and will be even better after a few years.