7 award-winning St. Louis breweries you should know about
We St. Louisans like to stay modest, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have a lot to brag about. Our brewery scene high-key features a lot of incredible and internationally known beers, so we reached out to a few spots and asked them to tell us about recent accolades.
- Giant Steps Blend 3 received Bronze in Sour Ale at the National Honey Board Beer Competition in 2020
- Giant Steps Blend 2 was honored at the 2020 Good Food Awards
- Gold medal for Kazimierz (2021) at the Great American Beer Festival
- Stand By named Top 25 Beers of 2020 by Wine Enthusiast
- Velour Tracksuit named Top 50 Beers of 2021 by Wine Enthusiast
- Scored 99/100 for Mister Maraschino (barrel-aged stout with chocolate and Luxardo cherries) in Craft Beer and Brewing in 2020
- Named second best brewery in the world (second year in a row) from RateBeer in 2020
- Silver Medal for Sandman Red Ale at Great American Beer Festival in 2021
- Zwickel was #9 on Wine Enthusiast’s list of the 50 Best Beers of 2021
- Gold medal for Irish Red at Pura Vida Indie International Beer Cup in 2019
More stories like this
5 alcohol-free cocktails to try at home
Keep Dry January going year-round with these delicious recipes from St. Louis-area cocktail pros.
Drink this negroni steeped with Cocoa Puffs at Grand Spirits Bottle Co.
Grand Spirits Bottle Co.'s Crazy For Negroni bridges brunch and cocktail hour with a playful-yet-balanced take ...