Anne Burrell's Insalata “Chopata” with Warm Goat Cheese
2 large eggs
1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ -inch dice
½ small red onion, cut into ¼ -inch dice
1 cup fennel, cut into ¼ -inch dice
1 cup celery, peeled and cut into ¼ -inch dice
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 romaine heart (or ½ head iceberg), cut into a chiffonade
1 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼ -inch dice
¼ cup salted sunflower seeds
½ bunch of fresh oregano, leaves finely chopped
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
6 oz. goat cheese
• Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover them in 1 inch of water. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Cover the pan. Remove from heat and set the timer. Leave the eggs in the covered pot for 13 minutes … eggs-actly! Remove the eggs from the hot water and let cool.
• In a large bowl, combine the carrots, onion, fennel, celery, chickpeas, romaine, corn, cucumber, sunflower seeds and oregano. Toss to combine.
• Peel and chop the eggs and toss them in with the veggies.
• In a measuring cup, combine the oil and vinegar. Whisk to combine and add to the veggies. Season with salt to taste.
• Place the goat cheese in a heatproof dish and warm in a microwave for 1½ minutes or in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes.
• Stir the salad, taste and season more if needed. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and top each with a dollop of warm goat cheese to serve.
Tags : Eggs , Carrot , Cucumber , Fennel , Goat cheese