1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium carrots, diced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
8 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks or other soy margarine, divided
8 oz. cremini mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
¼ cup flour
3 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. sherry
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
¹∕³ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
10 sheets vegan fillo dough, such as The Fillo Factory or Athens brand, thawed*
1 tsp. white truffle oil, divided
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• In a large bowl, combine the onion, celery and carrots. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, stirring until the vegetables are evenly coated. Place the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until they soften and begin to brown, about 15 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Remove the vegetables from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
• Melt 4 tablespoons soy margarine in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until their moisture releases and evaporates, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and garlic, and stir frequently, until the flour begins to brown. Add the broth and sherry, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Add the roasted vegetables, peas, parsley, thyme and mustard. Simmer until the broth thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove the vegetable mixture from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
• Coat the inside of four 8-ounce ramekins with cooking spray and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Divide the vegetable mixture evenly between the ramekins.
• Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons soy margarine on the stovetop or in the microwave. Place thawed, room-temperature phyllo dough sheets in a stack on a clean work surface. Working quickly, cut the dough into squares that are slightly larger than the diameter of the ramekins. Brush each phyllo square lightly with melted soy margarine and drape it over a ramekin. Repeat until each ramekin is topped with 10 squares of dough. Score the dough to vent steam. Place the baking sheet with the ramekins in the oven. Bake until the phyllo is golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the potpies from the oven and allow to rest 5 minutes. Drizzle each pot pie with ¼ tsp. of truffle oil. Serve hot.
* The Fillo Factory fillo dough is available at area Whole Foods Market locations, wholefoodsmarket.com. Athens fillo dough is available at all Straub’s locations, straubs.com.
Tags : Mushrooms