Bridge Tap House's Raw Oysters with Champagne Vinegar-beer Mignonette
1 whole shallot, finely diced
1 tsp. vegetable oil
½ cup champagne vinegar
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 scant tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup Humboldt Nectar IPA*
2 Tbsp. oyster juice
2 dozen oysters
• In a saucepan over medium heat, sweat the shallots in the oil until just soft.
• Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, then simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
• Add the pepper, salt (oysters are salty by nature, so salt sparingly) and beer. When the liquid returns to a simmer, remove from heat.
• Stir in the oyster juice. When the sauce has cooled completely, transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until chilled.
• To serve, shuck oysters and spoon ¼ teaspoon mignonette over each.
*Available at all The Wine & Cheese Place locations, wineandcheeseplace.com