Grown-Up Cosmic Brownies
½ cup (1 stick) plus 1 Tbsp. butter, divided
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. heavy cream. divided
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 heaping cup marshmallow fluff
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. kosher salt
4½ oz. chocolate chips (any variety)
½ tsp. coarse sea salt
Chocolate or colorful candies for sprinkling
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Line an 8-by-8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
• In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt ½ cup butter and 2 tablespoons cream. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until melted and combined.
• Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat together the marshmallow fluff and sugar. Add the vanilla extract and beat in the eggs one at a time.
• Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the flour, baking powder and kosher salt until just combined and there are no streaks of flour left in the pot.
• Pour the batter into the pan and bake 30 minutes, until the edges start to pull away from the pan. Let cool to room temperature.
• Meanwhile, make the ganache by melting the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and ½ cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, add the chocolate chips and cover without stirring. Let rest 1 to 2 minutes, then whisk to combine, adding the sea salt. Let cool to room temperature.
• Pour the ganache over the brownies, spreading it into an even layer. Sprinkle the top with chocolate candies, then refrigerate or freeze until hard.
• Slice into bite-sized 2-inch squares and serve at room temperature or chilled.