Thai Chilled Coconut Dessert Soup (Ruam Mit)
Ingredients1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
1 15-oz. can Aroy-D young coconut meat in syrup
1 20-oz. can Aroy-D jackfruit in syrup, drained and rinsed
1 20-oz. can Aroy-D palm seeds in heavy syrup, drained and rinsed
4 cups crushed ice
1 Tian OpThai dessert incense candle (optional)
• Add the coconut milk to a small pot. Use a fine-mesh sieve to strain the coconut meat over the pot, letting the syrup drip into coconut milk. Stir the coconut milk and syrup well until combined. Perfume the mixture with the incense, if desired.*
• Rinse the coconut meat. Slice the coconut meat and the jackfruit into thin strips, then return all fruits to their rinsed cans.
• Cover the coconut milk and refrigerate 2 hours, along with the cans of fruits.
• To serve, divide the crushed ice among 4 bowls. Evenly divide the fruits among the bowls and ladle the coconut milk over the top.
* To perfume the coconut milk and syrup mixture, puncture the bottom of the empty coconut milk can and place upside down in the pot with the milk. Light both ends of the incense candle, then extinguish. Immediately place the smoking candle atop the can, then cover the pot and let perfume 5 minutes. Put out the candle and discard it and the coconut milk can. Stir the coconut milk well and continue with the recipe.
Tags : Desserts , Coconut milk , Thai , Jackfruit