Vicia's Tomato Salad
3 to 4 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
Sea salt, to taste
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. orange juice
3 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
3 peaches, cut into wedges
1 small cantaloupe, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
½ lb. cherries, halved
1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 bunch thyme
1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
1 bunch basil, torn
½ cup crumbled feta
• In a large serving bowl, add the heirloom tomatoes and lightly season with the salt. Set aside to allow the salt to draw out some juice.
• In a small bowl, make a vinaigrette by whisking the olive oil, orange juice and vinegar. Season to taste and set aside.
• Scatter the peaches and cantaloupe atop the salted tomatoes.
• In another bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, cherries and ginger and toss with the vinaigrette. Wrap the thyme and lemongrass in cheesecloth and tie with a string. Submerge the cheesecloth in the bowl of fruit with vinaigrette and marinate 30 minutes. Discard the cheesecloth pouch.
• To serve, add the marinated cherry tomatoes and cherries atop the heirloom tomatoes. Spoon some of the vinaigrette on top. Sprinkle with the basil and feta.
Tags : Tomatoes , Cantaloupe , Cherries , Feta