When it’s too hot to cook, we crave recipes that rely on fresh summer produce to do all the work for us. This refreshing dish proves you can forgo the heat and still eat well in just a few simple steps – especially if you add a wine that complements your seasonal ingredients.
- 1 ripe tomato
- Sea salt, to taste (preferably Maldon)
- Cracked pepper, to taste (preferably Tellicherry)
- Mayonnaise, to taste (preferably Duke’s)
- 2 slices soft white sandwich bread (preferably Wonder Bread)
• Slice the tomato about ¼-inch thick and place on a plate. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
• Spread the desired amount of mayonnaise on both pieces of bread, then arrange the tomato slices on one piece. Gently place the other piece of bread on top, mayonnaise side-down, being careful not to smash the tomatoes.
Tags : Tomatoes