Poached Jasmine Green Tea Pears
3 cups jasmine green tea brewed at double strength
1/3 cup sugar
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
3 pears, ripe, but firm – peeled, halved and cored
• Put tea, sugar and ginger into a wide, shallow pot and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Arrange the pears in the pot, in a single layer, cut sides down.
• Cover and simmer gently, spooning liquid over the pears from time to time, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
• Serve warm or at room temperature with the poaching liquid spooned over the top.