Pan Sautéed Radishes
2 bunches small radishes (about 16)
4 Tbsp. sweet cream butter, divided
Sea salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup dry white wine or chicken stock
Flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Fresh chives, snipped
• Remove the leaves, trim the stem end and snip the roots off the radishes. Wash, then pat them dry.
• Depending on how you want to use the radishes, slice, coarsely chop or quarter the radishes lengthwise. (For a side dish, slice them. For topping crostini, chop or quarter them.)
• In an 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, taking care not to brown it. Add the prepared radishes, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook over medium-low heat until the radishes start to soften just a bit: 2 minutes for coarsely chopped, 3 minutes for sliced or quartered.
• Add the white wine or the chicken stock and raise the heat to medium-high. Stir until most of the wine evaporates, but not longer than 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
• Add the remaining butter, fresh-chopped parsley and snipped chives.
• Serve as a side dish, or with crostini and goat cheese as a starter.
Tags : Radishes