Tilapia With Citrus Bagna Cauda
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
3 anchovy fillets, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. orange zest
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
Salt to taste
6 6-oz. skinless tilapia fillets
Pepper to taste
• In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, melt the butter and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil together, stirring frequently.
• Add the anchovies and stir until they dissolve, about 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the garlic. Remove from the heat.
• Stir in the orange and lemon juices, the zest and the basil. Season with salt if desired.
• Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat.
• Season the fish with salt and pepper and cook until the fish is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a platter.
• Drizzle the bagna cauda sauce over the fish and serve.