½ oz. Beefeater gin
½ oz. Campari
½ oz. Cointreau
½ oz. fresh lemon juice
Champagne or sparkling wine
Flamed orange peel for garnish
• Chill a Champagne flute.
• Add the gin, Campari, Cointreau and lemon juice.
• Top off with the Champagne or sparkling wine.
• Flame the orange peel: First, cut a thin, quarter-sized piece of zest with just a small bit of the white pith intact.
• Gently grasp the outer edges, skin-side down, between the thumb and two fingers.
• Hold the twist about 4 inches over the cocktail.
• Hold a lit match or lighter over the drink an inch away from the twist, then pinch the edges of the twist sharply so the citrus oil squirts out and falls through the flame and onto the drink. Float the orange peel in the glass.